This project will develop, test and disseminate an innovative action research model for the delivery of victim and witness support services in Victoria Police. This model will be transferrable to other jurisdictions. Research indicates that people's experience as victims and/or witnesses are pivotal in shaping their perceptions of the wider criminal justice system, and in informing their subsequent decisions to engage or not with it. Effective models of victim and witness support are therefore vital in fostering public confidence in the agencies of criminal justice as well as contributing to their effectiveness. This project will develop such as an effective model.
|Effective start/end date||19/03/07 → 30/06/11|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD90,788.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD26,000.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD75,354.00
- Police Department (Vic) (trading as Victoria Police) (Victoria): AUD92,760.00
- University of Melbourne