Public transport services face pressing challenges in Australia's major cities due to their dispersed population. Arterial roads are at or beyond their capacity due to the reliance on private cars. This project envisions a more flexible, demand responsive and shared transport service as part of the urban transport fabric. The project aims to determine the viability of this service under a variety of scenarios. For this purpose it will advance traffic modelling, solve challenges of real time route and cost optimisation, and develop novel economic measures for such a transport service. The outcomes will support transport planners, but are also a step towards smarter transport and future autonomous transport services.
|Effective start/end date||1/07/12 → 30/06/15|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD13,825.00
- Haasz Technology Pty. Ltd.: AUD4,500.00
- Department of Transport (Victoria): AUD5,500.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD61,650.00
- Haasz Technology Pty. Ltd.: AUD9,000.00
- Department of Transport (Victoria): AUD11,100.00