The aim of this proposal is to establish a collaborative high resolution atomic force microscopy facility. Nanoscale surface structure and the complex structure/mechanical-functional relationships underpin many biological processes and the next major developments in both scientific knowledge and therapeutic and other biotechnological applications of this knowledge can only emerge from understanding cell systems at the molecular level. The new facility aims to create opportunities for cutting edge research into protein structure and function and advanced materials and nanostructures suitable for use in the next generation of therapeutics and devices.
|Effective start/end date||9/06/17 → 11/10/17|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD325,000.00
- RMIT University: AUD282,000.00
- The University of Melbourne: AUD5,000.00
- Monash University – Internal Faculty Contribution: AUD105,000.00
- Monash University – Internal University Contribution: AUD105,000.00