This is a multi-sited ethnography of elite independent schools in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, Barbados, South Africa, the USA and England. Because such schools often function as the gold standard for school education, and because their alumni are often highly influential in economic, political and professional circles, knowledge about what they do and stand for is important nationally and globally. This study will provide comparative knowledge about the implications of increased global interconnectivity for the education they offer and the social groups they serve. Thus it will enrich understanding of the education/social class nexus in globalising circumstances.
|Effective start/end date||4/01/10 → 31/12/14|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD176,126.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD93,328.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD400,910.00
- Monash University
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD39,818.00