A vocational rehabilitation intervention of chronic compensated musculoskeletal disorders will be developed and evaluated. Such disorders are common, costly and a national health research priority. The intervention adds self-management training to usual care for workers with chronic injuries. Self-managment training has been effective in improving health and quality of life in chronic diseases but not in work disability prevention. Self management provides the worker with opportunities to manage the impact of pain in their life. Findings show the acceptibility, effectiveness (job readiness, health efficacy and pain) and cost-effectiveness of the intervention and will model a client-centred, prevention-focussed health service.
|Effective start/end date||1/01/09 → 30/06/12|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD37,710.00
- Motor Accident Insurance Commission: AUD45,628.00
- The Workers Compensation Regulatory Authority: AUD45,629.00
- Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) (trading as WorkSafe Victoria) (Victoria): AUD75,000.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC)