Despite extensive criminal justice efforts, human trafficking in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region is not diminishing in scale. This project will focus upon prevention of human trafficking by gathering victims profiles to better inform preventive measures and by investigating how better to harness International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and Non-Government Organisation (NGO)- State cooperation. It addresses the prevention of trafficking and delivery and coordination of victim support to determine compliance with Parts II and III of the United Nations Trafficking Protocol. It will develop a new training package for victim support in consultation with States, INGOs and NGOs in the region.
|Effective start/end date||24/11/09 → 10/01/15|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD133,514.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD16,486.00
- Australian Aid (Australia): AUD60,000.00
- United Nations Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking in the Greater Mekong Sub-region (UNIAP)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Thailand