This project aims to develop and test cost-effective tools in understanding and exploring for buried mineral deposits. We will apply our research via a) constructing three-dimensional models to analyse, characterise and compare ore system geometrics, b) constraining structural controls that lead to mineralisation in a variety of settings, c) development and testing of fluid properties, and d) integration of geological, structural and geochemical datasets to predict favourable sites for gold mineralisation. This project will result in a greatly improved understanding of the formation of a range of gold deposit styles, and further strategic alliances between Monash University, the Geological Survey of Victoria and exploration companies.
|Effective start/end date||4/02/05 → 11/09/08|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD11,704.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD72,444.00
- Geological Survey of Victoria: AUD15,000.00
- Goldstar Resources NL: AUD30,000.00
- Geological Survey of Victoria
- Goldstar Resources NL