The study seeks to understand the molecular basis of self-assembly (aggregation and gelation) of dairy proteins during thermal processing of dairy products. this will involve direct determination, in real time, of the extent, rate and degree of reversibility of the changes that take place. These include changes in the composition, structure and stability of the casein micelles, changes in properties such as pH and pCa and changes such as the denaturaion of betta-lactoglobulins and its binding to K-casein. The purpose of the study is to provide the scientific base for improving the consistency of manufactured dairy products and for developing new food ingredients with new functionalities thus opening up new opportunities for the dairy industry.
|Effective start/end date||8/02/06 → 1/02/09|
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD247,556.00
- Australian Research Council (ARC): AUD72,444.00
- Dairy Ingredients Group of Australia Ltd: AUD153,000.00
- Dairy Ingredients Group of Australia Ltd
- Dairy Innovation Australia Limited: AUD118,000.00