Robyn Oxley is a Tharawal woman from the South-West Sydney area of New South Wales with family connections to the Yorta Yorta clan along the Murray River in Victoria. Ms Oxley is an Assistant Lecturer in the Faculty of Arts for the School of Social Sciences in Criminology.
Robyn's research interests include:
- Social Constructs of Aboriginality
- Cultural Appropriation of Indigenous knowledge and Indigenous culture
- Self-determination in the criminal justice system
- Aboriginal women imprisonment and Family Violence
- Pre and Post release support of Aboriginal people
Robyn has a strong interest in the Indigenous experience within all aspects of the criminal justice setting and is interested in focusing on the criminalisation of Aboriginal women in Victoria.