Projects per year
Dr Helen Forbes-Mewett is Senior Lecturer in Sociology, School of Social Sciences. Helen holds a BA (Honours, First Class) and PhD, both from Monash. Her thesis and subsequent work focuses on human security, cultural diversity, education and social cohesion.
- Australian Research Council Post-Doctoral Fellow 2010-2013
- Co-chair of The Australian Sociological Association (TASA) Conference 2013, Celebrating 50 years of Australian Sociology, 25-28 November 2013, hosted by Monash University
- Coordinator of Sociologists@Monash Research Network and Seminar Series
- School of Social Sciences Research Committee, Sociology Representative
- Member of the Communities’ Council on Ethnic Issues (Eastern Region) Inc.
- Member of the Victorian Government Research Institute on Social Cohesion (RIOSC)
15/02/18 → 30/03/19
Research Output per year
Research output: Book/Report › Commissioned Report › Other
My own business, not my children’s: negotiating funeral rites and the mobility and communication juncture among Chinese migrants in MelbourneHan, G. S., Forbes-Mewett, H. & Yang Wang, W. 23 May 2018 (Accepted/In press) In : Mobilities. p. 1-15 15 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Research › peer-review
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Encyclopaedia / Dictionary Entry › Other › peer-review
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (Book) › Research › peer-review
Research output: Book/Report › Book › Research › peer-review
Activities per year
Activity: Contribution to conference