Press/Media: Expert Comment
Press/Media: Expert Comment provided for a digital article addressing the following questions:
- Do you think there’s a danger in being in a social media echo chamber where we only follow people we’re similar to?
- Why is it good to know people like ourselves?
- How can we open our minds to people we may not yet understand or agree with?
- If someone comes from a different cultural background to our own, why is it good to get to know them?
- How can we connect with them if the point of difference is confronting?
- How can we make the most of knowing this person we lack a sharing quality with?
- What are some ways to meet someone that can expand our horizons?
- What does it do for Australian society when we connect with someone different to us?
- How do we maintain their connection?
- Do you have any personal experience with this idea?